- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The National Youth Commission (NYC) will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The Cabinet Office of Japan, in cooperation with the ASEAN Member States, is organizing the “SSEAYP YOUTH CONFERENCE 2021” which will be held on November 2021-January 2022 via online.
This Conference aims to continue promote friendship and mutual understanding among the youths of ASEAN member countries and Japan by participating in various exchange activities, and to cultivate the youth who can exercise their leadership skills in various fields in the globalizing society, take the world’s social agenda as their own issues, and move into action to solve those issues.
With the theme “Youth engagement in achieving SDGs: A route map for change,” the participants will deepen their understanding of the world’s social agenda and discuss how they can contribute in achieving the 17 goals of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which are grouped in the following nine (9) topics:
- Empowerment of All People;
- Poverty / Access to Water and Food;
- Employment and Decent Work;
- Resilient and Sustainable Cities;
- Good Health and Well-being;
- Life on Land;
- Life below Water; and
- Sustainable Energy.
The Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan shall select the facilitators of the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021 based on the following principles and procedures:
Role of Facilitators:
The facilitators, who are well-informed and competent for facilitating discussions, shall be appointed to provide support for participants in the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021. Facilitators should have ample knowledge and experience in the respective topics and the ability to facilitate discussions. As such, they are expected to provide the participants with guidance and advice to carry out the five-day online conference.
Qualifications for Facilitators:
- Good command of English to facilitate discussion (reference level: TOEIC 860, TOEFL (iBT) 100, TOEFL (CBT) 250, IELTS 7.0, or equal ability).
- Basic knowledge and experience in the chosen topic.
- Able to work online during the Conference Proper (5 Sundays at 13:00-17:00 PST)
(Day 1: Nov. 28, Day 2: Dec. 5, Day 3: Dec. 12, Day 4: Dec. 19, 2021, Day 5: Jan. 9, 2022)
- Able to attend the Facilitators Meeting Online which will be held on Wednesday, October 6, 13:00-17:00 (Philippine Standard Time), 2021 (tentative).
- Able to manage online discussion.
- Able to submit the required report on the scheduled date (will be announced during the Facilitators Meeting).
- Be sound in mind and body
- Accomplished Program Application Form: https://bit.ly/3reCQbASSEAYPFacilitatorForm to be directly submitted to the Cabinet Office of Japan email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 31, 2021 (Tuesday).
- Facilitators will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the online event and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the online conference.
- The Government of Japan will provide remuneration to Facilitators for the Facilitators’ Meeting and the conference proper.
Disclaimer: The National Youth Commission is merely helping promote the Call for Applications for the 2021 SSEAYP Youth Conference Facilitators and is not involved in any capacity in the selection of the facilitators.