The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. This new virus was unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China in December of 2019.
With the looming pandemic while in lockdown, the national and local government put their frontline services to address possible problems confronting their clientele directly or indirectly.
Amongst the sectors in jeopardy are the youth of 15 to 30 years of age with 30.1 million population. The Filipino youth are affected in different ways. They are vulnerable emotionally and mentally because their normal mode of life like education scheme and employment was put on hold and in disarray.
Hence, the National Youth Commission is launching the “NYC Online Youth Mental Health Wellness Peer to Peer Counselling” in November which aims to provide an online support system for the youth who has concerns regarding mental health and strengthen and boost awareness on youth mental health.
In line with this, NYC is opening application for the 30 youth coaches among our pool of international program beneficiaries who meet the following qualifications below:
- Must be an international program beneficiary under the National Youth Commission (those who joined international programs through NYC) regardless completion of post program obligations or volunteer hours.
- Filipino citizen; must be currently residing in the Philippines
- 18-30 years old
- Preferably a psychology graduate, have background in education, sociology, social work, communication or with basic to extensive experience in coaching/counselling
- Physically and mentally fit
- Must be willing to undergo coaching with the professionals in November
- Must be willing to commit their time to conduct mental health counselling to the youth via online during the program proper
- Must be willing to participate in series of webinars and post-program evaluations
- Must have uninterrupted internet connection as the coaching and program proper will be mostly done via online.
- Valid copy of passport or birth certificate (for proof of citizenship)
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae with details on relevant training or experience
IMPORTANT: The selected 30 youth coaches will undergo coaching from the professionals in November before they can provide peer to peer counselling via online. Specific details will be given to the selected youth coaches.
The coaching of youth coaches and program proper for online peer to peer counselling will be from November-December.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: Submit requirement in separate PDF File to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: NYC Youth Coach)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
- The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 12:00PM / October 27, 2020.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading
“Query: NYC Youth Coach”.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this call for application.
- Do not send multiple applications.