The Asia Exchange Association (AEA) in cooperation with NYC, will be organizing the “Model ASEAN-Korea Summit (MAKS) funded by the ASEAN-ROK Cooperation Fund as part of the 9th ASEAN-Korea Frontier Forum. The Summit will be held on January 31, 2020 to February 6, 2020 in Busan Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea.
The MAKS is the first of the three main programmes under the 9th ASEAN-Korea Frontier Forum which is a perennial project over the next two years from 2019-2021. The program aims to establish a firm cooperative relationship and to build a constructive platform between ASEAN and Korea for the next generation leaders. It will include various activities such as Country/Committee Meetings, Model Summit, Special Lectures, Cultural Exchange Activities, Field Trip in Busan, etc.
The NYC will be sending three (3) university students to this program.
- Avoid submitting zip or .rar files. Zip and .rar files shall be considered incomplete/corrupted.
- Avoid sending multiple application attempts.
Qualifications of Participants:
- Filipino citizen (single and residing in the Philippines)
- 19-29 years old
- Philippine passport holder (valid until August 7, 2020)
- Enrolled graduate or undergraduate student with educational background and high level of interest in ASEAN-Korea studies
- Must be able to proficiently communicate in English
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on January 30, 2020 (tentatively) at the NYC Central Office in Quezon City
- Must be willing to secure her/his own travel insurance
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Organizer’s application and Privacy Waiver (one document)
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- School Certification or proof of enrollment/registration form indicating you are a bona fide university student
- Organizer will shoulder the roundtrip airfare, accommodation, local transportation and meals for the duration of the program.
- Participants will shoulder their visa application fee, local transportation and accommodation during the pre-departure orientation in Quezon City and other incidental expenses while en route to Korea.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from February 7, 2015 – present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from February 7, 2017 – present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished therequired post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF Format to email@example.com with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: MAKS
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is December 4, 2019, 12:00 noon.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “QUERY: MAKS”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat at telephone numbers 84268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.