- Online submissions only (via google form)
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
Through the National Youth Commission and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Japan (MOFA-Japan) will organize the JENESYS 2022 Inbound Program Batch 54 Japan-Philippines FOIP Exchange
The Program aims to promote mutual trust and understanding among the peoples of Japan and the Philippines and build a basis for future friendship and cooperation. It also encourages an understanding of Japan’s economy, society, history, diverse culture, politics and diplomatic relations.
The program will be held on March 8-14, 2023 in Tokyo and other places in Japan.
The NYC will be nominating 22 Filipino youth delegates to attend the event.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Fully vaccinated (with 1st and 2nd dose with at least 1 booster shot);
- Filipino citizen who is currently residing in the Philippines, 18-35 years old, single;
- Students who are officially enrolled in the field of Economics, Asian Studies (specifically Japan studies), or Foreign Relations/ Studies in any Philippine-based university or college;
- Currently employed Government Officials/Employees related to Economics, Asian Studies (specifically Japan studies) or Foreign Relations;
- Has a good command of written and spoken English;
- Physically fit to travel;
- With valid Philippine passport (valid until December 2023);
- With PSA-issued birth certificate;
- Must be able to attend & participate during the whole duration of the program in Tokyo and other places in Japan;
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure orientation in NYC Central Office, Quezon City a day before scheduled departure;
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer and comply with post-program activities
- Fill up the NYC International Programs’ Online Application Form via google form completely and accurately (avoid duplicate applications)
- Scanned copy of passport valid until December 2023 (upload via google form)
- Scanned copy of PSA-issued birth certificate (upload via google form)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (upload via google form)
- Certified true copy of enrollment form for student applicant OR Certificate of Employment for Government Official/ employee applicants
- With PSA-issued birth certificate
- Vaccination card/ vaccination certificate issued by the Department of Health or Bureau of Quarantine with QR code
- Signed JICE Letter of Understanding
- The Organizer shall shoulder the accommodation, local transportation, travel insurance and roundtrip economy airfare.
- Delegates shall shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, accommodation in Quezon City for the pre-departure briefing in NYC Central Office, medical and other personal expenses during the travel.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Those who have Japanese nationality.
- Applicants who have been to Japan.
- Applicants who have participated in programs funded by the Japanese government.
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 14, 2018 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 14, 2021 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
- Incomplete requirements or follow up requirements submitted through email would not be entertained once passed deadline.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY (via google form)
- Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
Deadline for submission is 11:59 a.m. / January 22, 2023.
Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Batch 54 JENESYS Inbound Program Japan-Philippines Exchange”
The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the online application form.
Please do not send multiple applications.
Important Note/ Disclaimer:
Upon signing the JICE Letter of Understanding, the selected participants will be fully responsible for any and all costs associated with cancellations or changes in travel arrangements that he/ she initiates. Such costs may include, but are not limited to, international flights, domestic transportation, and accommodations. He/ She must understand that he/ she must pay the costs immediately upon demand, in accordance with the instructions provided by the Program Organizers. Exceptions may be made in the case of medical or other emergencies including testing positive for COVID-19, upon presentation of a medical certificate and/or other documentation, and at the discretion of the Program Organizers).