- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
- The invitation was received by NYC on the day it was posted.
The Ministry of Science and technology of Vietnam and the Central Youth Union will be holding the ASEAN Conference for Young Scientists (ACYS) from 01-05 December 2019 in Hanoi, Vietnam. Under the theme: “Science, Technology and Innovation for a sustainable ASEAN Community”, it aims to gather ASEAN outstanding young scientists and youth to share knowledge, learn relevant skills, build networks, at the same time, address the regional challenges.
The National Youth Commission will be sending Two (2) delegates to this event:
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen (residing in the Philippines)
- 18-40 years old
- Must hold a minimum of Masters Degree in the field of science and technology
- With good communication skills (proficient in English)
- Philippine passport holder (valid until June 05, 2020)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel (no severe health issues)
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Organizer’s registration form
- Brief resume/curriculum vitae
- Certification or proof of education attainment / proof of affiliation in Science and Technology groups/community
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- The organizer will shoulder delegates’ accommodation, meals and local transport in Vietnam.
- Delegates will shoulder their roundtrip international airfare, their travel and accommodation expenses from their residence (province) to NYC Central Office for their pre-departure orientation and other incidental expenses.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from December 5, 2014 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from December 5, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: ACYS)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is November 18, 2019 at 12:00 noon.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “QUERY: ACYS”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 84268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.