The Department of Children and Youth Thailand and ASEAN University Student Council Union (AUSCU) will be holding the 3rd AUSCU Conference, on 3-7 September 2019 (inclusive of travel dates) at Indra Regent Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand with the theme: “ASEAN Youth for Transformative Impact: Sustained Change through Volunteering”.
Five (5) student council leaders/officials will compose the Philippine delegation to this event.
Qualifications for the Student:
- Must be 18 -24 years of age
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
- Active members of their respective university student council/government/school-based organization
- Must have valid Philippine passport (valid until March 8, 2020)
- Efficient in English, both speaking and writing
- Accomplished NYC International Programs Application Form
- Accomplished ASEAN AUSCU Registration Form
- Latest proof of enrollment for students (certification, registration card, etc.)
- Proof of active membership in their university student council/government/school-based organization
- Copy of valid passport
- Delegates will shoulder their roundtrip international airfare (Manila-Bangkok-Manila), travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ meals, accommodation, and local transportation in Thailand.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from 08 September , 2014 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from 08 September, 2017 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: 3rd AUSCU)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 12:00 NN / 29 August, 2019.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: 3rd AUSCU”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
The National Youth Commission only received the invitation from the ASEAN Secretariat on August 26, 2019.