* Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The National Youth Commission (NYC) will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
* Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The Cabinet Office of Japan, in cooperation with the ASEAN Member States, is organizing the “2022 SSEAYP YOUTH CONFERENCE” which will be held on November 2022-December 2022 via online.
This Conference aims to continue to promote friendship and mutual understanding among the youths of ASEAN member countries and Japan by participating in various exchange activities, and to cultivate the youth who can exercise their leadership skills in various fields in the globalizing society, take the world’s social agenda as their own issues, and move into action to solve those issues.
With the theme “What youth can do in the new era of cooperation towards the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation”, participating youth from ASEAN and Japan are expected to deepen their understanding of the challenges and issues brought upon by the Covid-19 pandemic and discuss what they can do and how they should take action considering the following topics:
2. Disaster and Risk Reduction;
3. Entrepreneurship (including NGO/NPO);
4. Good Health and Well-being (including mental health);
5. Information and Media;
6. Economics of Japan and ASEAN;
7. Poverty and Disparity;
8. Protection of Environment; and
9. Soft Power and Youth Private Diplomacy.
The Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan shall select the facilitators of the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2022 based on the following principles and procedures:
Role of Facilitators:
The facilitators, who are well-informed and competent in facilitating discussions, shall be appointed to provide support to participants in the SSEAYP Youth Conference 2022. Facilitators should have ample knowledge and experience in the respective topics and the ability to facilitate discussions. As such, they are expected to provide the participants with guidance and advice to carry out the five-day online conference.
Qualifications for Facilitators:
* Good command of English to facilitate discussion (reference level: TOEIC 860, TOEFL (iBT) 100, TOEFL (CBT) 250, IELTS 7.0, or equal ability).
* Basic knowledge and experience in the chosen topic.
* Able to work online during the Conference Proper (6 Sundays at 13:00-17:00 PST)
(Day 1: Nov. 13, 2022; Day 2: Nov. 20, 2022; Day 3: Nov. 27, 2022; Day 4: Dec. 4, 2022; Day 5: Dec, 11, 2022; and Day 6: Dec. 18,2022)
* Able to attend the Facilitators Meeting Online which will be held on September 14, 2022, 13:00-17:00 (Philippine Standard Time) and on October 12, 2022.
* Able to manage online discussion.
* Able to submit the required report on the scheduled date (will be announced during the Facilitators Meeting).
* Be sound in mind and body
Click here to check the requirements.
* Accomplished Program Application Form to be directly submitted to the Cabinet Office of Japan email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 3, 2022 (Wednesday).
* Facilitators will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the online event and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the online conference.
* The Government of Japan will provide remuneration to Facilitators for the Facilitators’ Meeting and Conference Proper.
* Disclaimer: The National Youth Commission is merely helping promote the Call for Applications for the 2022 SSEAYP Youth Conference Facilitators and is not involved in any capacity in the selection of the facilitators.