* Online submissions only (via google form).
* Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The Cabinet Office of Japan, in cooperation with the ASEAN Member States, is organizing the “SSEAYP YOUTH CONFERENCE 2022” that will be held on November -December 2022 via online.
This Conference aims to continue to promote friendship and mutual understanding among the youths of ASEAN member countries and Japan by participating in various exchange activities, and to cultivate the youth who can exercise their leadership skills in various fields in the globalizing society, take the world’s social agenda as their own issues, and move into action to solve those issues.
With the theme “What youth can do in the new era of cooperation towards the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation”, participating youth from ASEAN and Japan are expected to deepen their understanding on the common issues of Japan and ASEAN, as well as the fields which require better cooperation in the future and discuss what they can do and how they should take action considering the following topics:
2. Disaster and Risk Reduction;
3. Entrepreneurship (including NGO/NPO);
4. Good Health and Well-being (including mental health);
5. Information and Media;
6. Economics of Japan and ASEAN;
7. Poverty and Disparity;
8. Protection of Environment; and
9. Soft Power and Youth Private Diplomacy.
The Philippines, through the National Youth Commission, will be sending 27 Filipino Participating Youths (3 delegates per discussion topic) to the said conference. All selected participating youths will be involved in Peer Learning Sessions (discussion groups) either as organizers or participants. The Peer Learning Sessions will focus on sharing and discussing of the organizers’ knowledge and experiences to a relatively small group which are designed for the following purposes:
As organizers: a.) to develop their presentation skills through sharing their own ideas and experiences to others; and b.) to develop project management skills through experiencing series of processes of project design, implementation and feedback from participants:
As participants: a.) to get to know the backgrounds of the organizers through sharing of their knowledge and experiences with others; b.) to learn effective methodologiesof workshops, lectures and discussions as to how the organizers manage and organize their sessions; and c.) to evaluate properly and provide meaningful feedbacks.
The contents of the peer learning sessions will not be limited to the organizers’ own experiences and knowledge in relation to their previous/current studies and activities, but may be a report of activities in their respective countries that is worth spreading to other countries.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
* Filipino citizen
* 18-30 years old (as of June 30, 2022)
* Interested in youth exchange program between ASEAN and Japan
* A prominent active youth leader in the group/organization/community/society
* With good command of English to participate in the discussion activities
* Philippine passport holder
* Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer and conduct post-program advocacy activities
* Participants in the past SSEAYP online conferences (SSEAYP 2020 and SSEAYP 2021) may apply for “2022 SSEAYP Youth Conference.”, however, priority shall be given to new applicants.
* Must be able to fully participate in every activity throughout the program.
* Must be able to attend the Online Pre-conference briefing where there will be initial discussions on the given themes/topics
* Accomplished Program Application Form: through the google form
* Updated Curriculum Vitae (to be uploaded in the google form)
* Scanned copy of certificate of membership in your group/organization/community/society (to be uploaded in the google form)
* Scanned copy of valid passport, PSA-issued birth certificate or National ID (to be uploaded in the google form).
* Duly-filled out Discussion Theme Questionnaire (to be uploaded in the google form):
* Delegates will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the online event and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the online program including the pre-event.
1.) November 13, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
2.) November 20, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
3.) November 27, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
4.) December 4, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
5.) December 11, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
6.) December 18, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
The following are automatically disqualified:
1. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 30, 2017 until June 30, 2022 whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
2. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from June 30, 2019 until June 30, 2022 whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
3. NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
5. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
6.For incomplete requirements, submission of follow up requirements will not be entertained beyond the deadline.
How to apply:
* ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: (via google form)
* Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
* Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
* Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM / August 31, 2022 (Wednesday).
* Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: SSEAYP Youth Conference 2022”.
* The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
* Do not send multiple application.