- Online submissions only.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file (or any compressed file format)
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The National Youth Commission (NYC) will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The Cabinet Office of Japan, in cooperation with the ASEAN Member States, is organizing the “SSEAYP YOUTH CONFERENCE 2021” that will be held on November 2021-January 2022 via online.
This Conference aims to continue promote friendship and mutual understanding among the youths of ASEAN member countries and Japan by participating in various exchange activities, and to cultivate youth who can exercise their leadership skills in various fields in the globalizing society, take the world’s social agenda as their own issues, and move into action to solve those issues.
With the theme “Youth engagement in achieving SDGs: A route map for change,” the participants are expected to deepen their understanding of the world’s social agenda and discuss how they can contribute in achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which are grouped in the following nine (9) topics:
- Empowerment of All People;
- Poverty / Access to Water and Food;
- Employment and Decent Work;
- Resilient and Sustainable Cities;
- Good Health and Well-being;
- Life on Land;
- Life below Water; and
- Sustainable Energy.
All selected participating youths will be involved in Peer Learning Sessions (discussion groups) either as organizers or participants. The Peer Learning Sessions will focus on sharing and discussing of the organizers’ knowledge and experiences to a relatively small group which are designed for the following purposes:
As organizers: a.) to develop the presentation skills through telling own ideas and experiences to others; and b.) to develop project management skills through experiencing a series of processes of project design, implementation and feedback from participants:
As participants: a.) to get to know backgrounds of the organizers through sharing their knowledge and experiences with others; b.) to learn effective methodologies of workshops, lectures and discussions from how the organizers manage and organize their sessions; and c.) to evaluate properly and provide meaningful feedbacks.
The contents of the peer learning sessions will not be limited to the organizers’ own experiences and knowledges in relation to their previous/current studies and activities, but may be a report of the activities in their respective countries that is worth spreading to other countries.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen
- 18-30 years old (as of April 1, 2021)
- Interested in youth exchange program between ASEAN and Japan
- A prominent active youth leader in the group/organization/community/society
- With good command of English to participate in the discussion activities
- Philippine passport holder
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to comply with post-program activities
- With no experience of participating in the past SSEAYP (Participants of the “Next Generation Leaders Conference” (Jan.-Feb. 2021) may apply for “SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021.” However, priority shall be given to new applicants)
- Must be able to fully participate in every activity throughout the program.
- Must be able to attend the Online Pre-departure briefing where there will be initial discussions on the given themes/topics
- Accomplished Program Application Form: through the google form:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (to be uploaded in the google form)
- Scanned copy of certificate of membership in your group/organization/community/society (to be uploaded in the google form)
- Scanned copy of valid passport, PSA-issued birth certificate or National ID(to be uploaded in the google form).
- Duly-filled out Discussion Theme Questionnaire (to be uploaded in the google form):
- Delegates will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the online event and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the online program including the pre-event.
- Date and Time of the Event (tentative):
1.) November 28, 2021 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
2.) December 5, 2021 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
3.) December 12, 2021 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
4.) December 19, 2021 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
5.) January 9, 2022 (Sunday): 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Philippine Standard Time)
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 15, 2016 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 15, 2019 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
- For incomplete requirements, submission of follow up requirements will not be entertained beyond the deadline.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: (via google form)
- Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
- Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM / September 15, 2021 (Wednesday).
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: SSEAYP Youth Conference 2021”.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
- Do not send multiple application.