The ASEAN-China Center (ACC), in cooperation with NYC, will be organizing the 2019 ASEAN-China Youth Winter Camp on 13-22 December 2019 in provinces of Hainan, Jilin and Heilongjiang, China.
The Winter Camp, which is a ten-day programme joined by 30 university students of ASEAN and China, as well as Japan and Republic of Korea, aims to raise awareness among youths on the significance of growing relationship of ASEAN-China and the ASEAN plus China, Japan and RoK cooperation, promote deeper understanding about Chinese culture and provide network-building opportunities and fostering trust and friendship among the participants.
The NYC will be sending two (2) university students to this program.
- Avoid submitting zip or .rar files. Zip and .rar files shall be considered incomplete/corrupted.
- Avoid sending multiple application attempts.
Qualifications of Participants:
- Filipino citizen (single and residing in the Philippines)
- 18-30 years old
- Philippine passport holder (valid until June 23, 2020)
- Enrolled student with educational background in any of the following areas: Asian Studies, ASEAN studies, China Studies or any related course.
- Must be able to proficiently communicate in English
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on December 12, 2019 (tentatively) at the NYC Central Office in Quezon City
- Must be willing to secure her/his own travel insurance
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Organizer’s application and consent form (disregard the deadline on the form)
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- School Certification or proof of enrollment/registration form indicating you are a bona fide university student
- Organizer will shoulder the accommodations, local transportation in China, meals, entry tickets to museums and insurance.
- Participants will shoulder their roundtrip airfare (arrival in Haikou; departure from Harbin), visa application fee, local transportation and accommodation during the pre-departure orientation in Quezon City and other incidental expenses while en route to China.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from December 23, 2014 – present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from December 23, 2016 – present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF Format to email@example.com with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: China WinterCamp
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is November 30, 2019, 12:00 noon.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “QUERY: China WInterCamp”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat at telephone numbers 84268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.