The First ASEAN Youth Dialogue is a 2-day forum that forms part of the 9th ASEAN- Korea Frontier Forum (AKFF), a recurring project funded by the Government of the Republic of Korea (ROK) through the ASEAN-Korea Cooperation Fund (AKCF). The program is jointly organized by the ASEAN Secretariat and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Cambodia and will be held on March 27-28, 2020 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The program aims to create a platform for the youths of ASEAN and ROK to engage in meaningful policy discourse by participating in a dialogue sessions and panel discussions, with ASEAN Youth Ministers and key high-level dialogue partners. This inaugural batch will focus on how relevant stakeholders can collaborate with the youths from across the ASEAN and ROK region in addressing the challenges as well as reaping the benefits and opportunities presented by 4IR.
The NYC will be sending 15 youth delegates.
- Avoid submitting zip or .rar files. Zip and .rar files shall be considered incomplete/corrupted.
- Avoid sending multiple application attempts.
Qualifications of Participants:
- Filipino citizen (single and residing in the Philippines)
- 18-35 years old
- Philippine passport holder (valid until September 29, 2020)
- Students, entrepreneurs, and young professionals from different sectors i.e. government, NGO, academe and research, private, civil society organizations
- Has interest, knowledge and expertise in one of the following: education and training system, information, communication and technology (ICT), inclusive and sustainable development
- Experience in volunteering programmes, advocacy work and exposure to ASEAN
youth development programmes would be an advantage.
- Must be able to proficiently communicate in English
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 25, 2020 (tentatively) at the NYC Central Office in Quezon City
- Must be willing to secure her/his own travel insurance
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Organizer’s Registration Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- School certificate/Registration Form (Students); Certificate of Employment (Young professionals)
- Organizer will shoulder the roundtrip airfare, accommodation, local transportation and meals for the duration of the program.
- Participants will shoulder their local transportation and accommodation during the pre-departure orientation in Quezon City and other incidental expenses while en route to Cambodia
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 29, 2015 – present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 29, 2017 – present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished therequired post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: 1AYD
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is February 13, 2020 12:00 noon.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “QUERY: 1AYD”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat at telephone numbers 84268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.