- Online submissions only (via google form)
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
Through the National Youth Commission, The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports Brunei Darussalam, in collaboration with Brunei Darussalam Youth Council and co-organized with ASEAN Youth Advocates Network Brunei, opens the application to the 11th ASEAN Youth Forum (AYF) which will be held on the 5th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 15th ,20th, 22nd, 25th and 27th of August, 2021 in both online (ASEAN participants) and physical (Bruneian participants) formats.
This year, with the theme “Future Ready in the New Normal”, the forum aims to formulate ideas and recommendations on how to elevate the role of ASEAN youths in realizing sustainable development and ensuring preparedness of ASEAN youth for future challenges and opportunities in the era of the Industrial Revolution 4.0 and in the context of the new normal – post pandemic.
The NYC will be nominating 5 Filipino youth delegates.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen currently residing in the Philippines (can be any of the following: students, out-of-school youth, job seekers, active ASEAN-affiliated youth organization members, working youth private/public sector)
- 18-30 years old
- Has a good command of written and spoken English
- With Philippine passport or PSA-issued birth certificate (to verify citizenship)
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to comply with post-program activities
- Must be able to attend & participate in the whole duration of the program via online
- Fill up the NYC International Programs’ Online Application Form (via google form) completely and accurately.
- Scanned copy of valid passport or scanned copy of PSA-issued birth certificate (upload via google form)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (upload via google form)
- Delegates will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the online video conference and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the program.
- The delegates will be given group assignments outside of the program times.
The following are automatically disqualified:
1. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 5, 2016 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
2. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from August 8, 2018 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
3. NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
5. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
6. Incomplete requirements; follow up requirements would not be entertained once passed deadline.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY (via google form)
- Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. / July 26, 2021 (Monday).
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: 11th AYF”.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the online application form.
- Do not send multiple application.
Disclaimer: The National Youth Commission received the invitation on July 23, 2021.