- Online submissions only.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission, in partnership with the Department of Economic and Social Affairs and the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, opens the application to the 10th ECOSOC Youth Forum 2021 which will be held virtually on April 7-8, 2021. The youth forum aims to provide platform for young leaders to engage in a dialogue among themselves and with Member States and share ideas for advancing the youth development agenda at national, regional and global levels with a view to responding to COVID-19 and promoting concrete actions and commitments to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The NYC will be nominating 2 youth delegates (1 male; 1 female) to the conference.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen
- 15-24 years old (UN youth age)
- Has background and knowledgeable on SDGs; preferably active member of a youth organization
- Has a good command of written and spoken English
- With Philippine passport or PSA-issued birth certificate (to verify citizenship)
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to comply with post-program activities
- Must be able to attend & participate in the whole duration of the program via online
- Must be willing to attend the sessions NY time
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport or scanned copy of PSA-issued birth certificate
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Delegates will be responsible for setting up their own laptop/computer for the video conference and must ensure a stable internet connectivity throughout the duration of the program.
- Kindly give a brief description of your involvement/knowledge or experience on SDGs in your e-mail application.
The following are automatically disqualified:
1. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from April 8, 2016 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
2. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from April 8, 2018 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
3. NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
5. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
6. Incomplete requirements; follow up requirements would not be entertained once passed deadline.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: Submit documents in PDF File to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: 10th ECOSOC)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:00 PM / March 4, 2021 (Thursday).
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: 10th ECOSOC”.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
- Do not send multiple application.