- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission in partnership with JTB Corp. and the Embassy of Japan in Manila, opens the application to the JENESYS2019 Exchange Program on Reconstruction from Disasters which will be held on 10-18 March 2020 in Tokyo, Japan. The program aims to create a mutual understanding among the people of Japan and the Asia-Pacific region, and to create an action plan to tackle social issues as future leaders.
NYC will be sending 16 youth delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Enrolled Filipino students (college, masteral, PhD students with educational background or researchers in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction, International Studies or Communication majoring in Japanese language studies)
- Young professionals who are engaged in language education such as teachers or program officers
- 18-35 years old
- With good communication skills in English
- Philippine passport holder (valid until September 19, 2020)
- Has never been to Japan
- Mentally and physically fit to travel, must not be pregnant
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 9, 2020 at NYC main office
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Accomplished JENESYS2019 Entry Form (Annex 2: submit in excel format only)
- Accomplished Letter of Understanding, make sure to affix your signature (Annex 3)
- For students: certification from College Secretary or Dean or proof of enrollment (school registration form is also accepted)
- For young professionals: certificate of employment
- Scanned copy of valid passport (data and blank page)
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila), meals, accommodation, and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
1. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 18, 2015 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
2. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 18, 2017 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
3. NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
4. JENESYS, KIZUNA, and SSEAYP Alumni. Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored (Japan Embassy, Japan Foundation, JICA, etc) scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs. Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW.
5. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
6. Incomplete requirements; follow up requirements would not be entertained once past deadline.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File (except Entry Form must be in Excel format) to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: JENESYS2019 DRR2020)
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH
- COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 12:00PM / January 13, 2020.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: JENESYS2019 DRR2020”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone no.: 8426-8733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
- Do not send multiple applications.