- Online submissions only (via google form)
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
Through the National Youth Commission, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), opens the application to the UNODC Youth Forum 2023, which will be held in March, 2023 (exact date to be announced) in Vienna, Austria.
The Youth Forum is an annual event organized by the UNODC Youth Initiative in the broader context of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) and it aims to gather young people who are involved in the field of drug use prevention, health promotion and youth empowerment from around the world. In addition, delegates will be able to exchange ideas, visions and different perspectives on how to better protect the health and wellbeing of their peers, as well as have the opportunity to convey their joint message to the global level policy makers.
The NYC will be nominating 1 Filipino youth delegate.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
- Fully vaccinated (with 1st and 2nd dose) Filipino citizen currently residing in the Philippines;
- 18-23 years old;
- Can be any of the following: students, government or NGO employees, entrepreneurs, professionals and academes, preferably active youth leader/member of youth-led/youth serving organization advocating drug use prevention.
- Has a very good command of written and spoken English;
- With valid Philippine passport (valid until September, 2023)
- With PSA-issued birth certificate
- Must be able to attend & participate during the whole duration of the program in Vienna, Austria in March, 2023 including travel time.
- Must be able to undergo interview and screening with the organizers of the Forum.
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure orientation in NYC Central Office, Quezon City a day before the departure date to Vienna, Austria.
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer and to comply with post-program activities
- Fill up the NYC International Programs’ Online Application Form (via google form) completely and accurately (avoid duplicate application)
- Scanned copy of valid passport valid until September, 2023 (upload via google form)
- scanned copy of PSA-issued birth certificate (upload via google form)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (upload via google form)
- The organizer will shoulder the travel expenses of the delegate
- Delegates will shoulder their visa application fee, travel insurance, travel tax, and other incidental expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Quezon City for the pre-departure briefing in NYC Central Office, Quezon City (tentatively a day before departure to Vienna, Austria)
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March, 2018 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer;
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March, 2020 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer;
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
- Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program obligations or volunteer work.
5 . Incomplete requirements; follow up requirements would not be entertained once passed deadline.
How to apply:
- ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
- Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
- NEW deadline for submission is 12 noon / August 22, 2022 (Monday).
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: UNODC (onsite)”.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this briefer or in the online application form.
- Do not send multiple application.
- Exact date of travel will be announced as soon as the organizer sends an update to NYC.