The National Youth Commission – Mental Health Youth Hub started in November 2020 by virtue of the NYC’s Youth Mental Wellness Peer-to-Peer Coaching Program under the Philippine Youth Development Plan (PYDP) 2017-2022, Center of Participation – Health. The program aims to provide an online support system for the youth who has concerns, strengthen and boost awareness on youth mental health. This program is NYC’s response to Republic Act No. 11036 titled Philippine Mental Health Act signed on June 21, 2018.
NYC is opening its application for the Third Batch of 30 Youth Coaches from among our pool of volunteers, YORP members, SK/LYDO and international program beneficiaries who meet the following qualifications below:
• Must be an active youth volunteer, YORP member, SK/ LYDO and international program beneficiary under the National Youth Commission (those who joined international programs through NYC) regardless completion of post-program obligations or volunteer hours.
• Filipino citizen; must be currently residing in the Philippines
• 18-30 years old
• Preferably a psychology graduate, have background in education, sociology, social
work, communication or with basic to extensive experience in coaching and have a passion in doing advocacy on mental health.
• Physically and mentally fit
• Must be willing to undergo face-to-face coaching training with Professionals for three days on June 24-26, 2022.
• Must be willing to commit their time to conduct mental health coaching to the youth via online during the program proper which will be from July 2022 to March 2023.
• Must be willing to participate in series of webinars/face-to-face activities and post-program evaluations.
• Accomplished Application Form via google form
• Valid copy of passport or PSA – issued birth certificate for proof of citizenship (to be uploaded via google form)
• Curriculum Vitae with details on relevant training or experience (to be uploaded via google form)
- The selected 30 Youth Coaches will undergo coaching from professionals on June 24-26, 2022 before they can provide peer-to-peer coaching via online. Specific details will be given to selected Youth Coaches;
- The Coaching Sessions of the NYC Youth Coaches and the program proper for online Peer to Peer Coaching will be from July 2022 to January 2023.
HOW TO APPLY:
• ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: (via google form)
• Do not submit multiple forms. Please review your entries before submitting the form.
• Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission.
• Deadline for submission is 11:59PM / June 15, 2022.
• Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: NYC Mental Health Youth Coach Batch 3 ” or through Facebook page.
• The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions which answers are already stated in this call for application.
• Do not send multiple applications.