The National Youth Commission, in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Youth and Sports, will be sending two (2) delegates (male and female) to the Ship for Archipelago Youth (also known as the Maritime Youth across Archipelago in Participation of Sail Morotai) in Indonesia.
The program, which will run for one (1) month from 27 August to 26 September, 2012, aims to enhance Maritime and Environmental Awareness and provide an environment for cultural understanding among the ASEAN youth. It also aims to introduce the diverse and colorful culture of Indonesia to the youth and develop entrepreneurship skills in fisheries among them.
The route of the ship will start from Jakarta and will make stops in the provinces of Ambon, Sorong, Raja Ampat, Morotai, Ternate, and Makasar before going back to Jakarta. Activities during the program will include seminars, workshops, art and culture performances, tree planting, tours, and group dynamics.
• Filipino youth ages 16 – 30 years old (For applicants 17 years old and below, please take note that if you are selected as one of the official delegates you will be required to secure NSO-certified birth certificate and Travel Clearance from the DSWD).
• Preferably students or youth leaders with background in fisheries, marine culture, or maritime industry.
• Physically and mentally fit to travel in a cruise ship for about a month.
• Accomplished NYC International Programs Application Form which can be downloaded HERE.
• Résumé with photo
• Interested applicants are also required to download the NYC International Programs Flowchart to determine if they are qualified or not.
• Preferably with a passport valid at least six (6) months after the date of the departure for the program.
• The Indonesian organizer instructed the participating countries to shoulder the participants’ roundtrip airfare (Manila-Jakarta-Manila). However, because of budgetary constraints the NYC is constrained to request the participants to shoulder their roundtrip airfare.
• Accommodation, meals, and local transportation in Indonesia will be covered by the Organizer.
• Chosen delegates will be asked to prepare a 5-minute Cultural Performance for the culminating activity onboard the ship.
Deadline for Submission and Disclaimer:
• The official communication (invitation) from the Ministry of Youth and Sports Indonesia dated 8 August, 2012 was received by the NYC International Programs Secretariat on 9 August, 2012. We have just posted this invitation today because of pending questions posed by the NYC to the Organizer.
• Interested applicants are only given five (5) days to accomplish and submit the requirements (NYC Application Form, Resume, & Scanned Copy of Passport). Application closes at 5:00 PM on Friday, August 17, 2012.
• Please coordinate with the NYC International Programs Secretariat through Ms. Sarah Grutas or Ms. Marielou A. Chua for any inquiries and clarifications at (02)416-2833.
|< Prev||Next >|