We want you to be the voice and advocates for the Philippine Youth Development Plan 2017-2022.
The National Youth Commission opens the application for the 12th National Youth Parliament (NYP12). As mandated by Republic Act 8044, the NYP is a biennial congress of youth leaders representing a cross section of the Filipino youth population and is convened by the NYC.
This year, the 12th NYP will be held in Davao City on October 21-25, 2018 and will be attended by more than 300 youth and SK leaders representing the different regions of the country. The three-day convention will provide the selected participants with skills on parliamentary procedures, advocacy and policy paper making, resource mobilization to the young parliamentarians, and capacity building for effective advocacy and lobbying. One important component of the 12th NYP is the recognition of outstanding youth parliamentarians who are able to draft innovative policies in advocating youth development.
If you are between 15-30 years of age, a youth leader, and you are up to the challenge of the NYP 12, you may submit duly accomplished application forms starting June 15, 2018 by online submission or by courier service. Deadline for submission of NYP 12 application is Friday, July 27, 2018.
Qualifications of Applicants:
- Must be a Filipino Citizen
- Must be 15-30 years old on the day of the Parliament
- Of good moral character
- Able to read and write
- Has not been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude
- Must not have been a previous National Youth Parliament delegate
- Accomplished 12th NYP Application Form
- Essay: 150 to 300 words
- Copy of any Proof of Residence and Age (Any valid IDs or document that indicates address and date of birth):
- School ID or Company ID
- Any Government Issued IDs: Postal ID, GSIS, PhilHealth, Pag-Ibig, TIN, etc.
- Birth Certificate
- Must be willing to shoulder his/her travelling expenses
How to apply:
- Applications for the 12th NYP may be hand-carried, mailed or emailed to the National Youth Commission.
- For hand-carried or mailed applications, they may be submitted not later than the set deadline to any of the following NYC Offices:
|12th NYP Screening and Selection Committee National Youth Commission Central Office
3F West Insula Bldg., West Avenue corner EDSA, Quezon City
|National Youth Commission Baguio
Room 3 Lindi Hotel #12 Legarda Road, Baguio City
|National Youth Commission Naga
Ground Floor, Naga City Youth Center Bldg., Taal corner Magsaysay Ave, Naga City
|National Youth Commission Cebu
5/F BF Building, N. Escario St. Cebu City
|National Youth Commission Iloilo
Ground Floor, ME Bldg, Dungon B. Jaro, Iloilo City
|National Youth Commission Cagayan de Oro
2/F, Cebu CFI Community Cooperative Bldg, Tiano Bros. cor. Mabini Sts., Cagayan De Oro City
|National Youth Commission Davao
Door 1, Fuentes Bldg Quirino Ave., Davao City
|National Youth Commission Zamboanga
3/F VHW Bldg (Landbank) Veterans Ave., Zamboanga City
- For submission through mail, the NYP Secretariat/Cluster/Area Offices should receive the requirements post marked on or before the set deadline.
- Application documents, together with the scanned requirements may be submitted online to [email protected] on or before the set deadline.
E-mails must contain the following Subject format: [Region, Province/Highly Urbanized City – Last Name, First Name Middle Initial]
Example: Region I, Ilocos Norte – Dela Cruz, Juan A