- The invitation from the organizer was sent to NYC only on January 11, 2017. The deadline set by the organizer for submission of the final list of delegates is February 6, 2017. Because of this exigency, the NYC is giving applicants only 2 weeks to finalize and submit their documents. Deadline for submission is January 30, 2017.
- Please read carefully the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email address.
In commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the founding of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the ASEAN Secretariat in collaboration with the Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE) and in partnership with the National Youth Commission, is implementing the 1st ASEAN University Student Council Union Conference under the JENESYS Program, which will bring together university student leaders and council unions to discuss leadership and peace in ASEAN and beyond.
The program is scheduled on March 13-21, 2017 in Hiroshima and Tokyo, Japan. NYC will be nominating 13 college students.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen, single, 18-25 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until September 25, 2017)
- Mentally and physical fit to travel
- Currently-enrolled college students
- Students who hold leadership position (officers) in student council or any university-based organizations
- Can communicate in English
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 12, 2017 at the NYC head office and the program proper on March 13-21, 2017
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- Accomplished JENESYS 2016 Batch 3 Economics Application Form
- An essay (not less than 500 words) about the applicant’s educational background and how being part of the program will help his/her studies or chosen career path
- Copy of Official School Registration Form
- Certification from Dean or College Secretary that the applicant is a bona fide student and that he/she is an officer of the student council or a recognized university-based organization
- Copy of valid passport
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back as well their accommodation in Manila during the pre-departure briefing.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila) and travel tax/terminal fee as well as their food, accommodation and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 11, 2015 until the present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from January 11, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
- JENESYS, KIZUNA and SSEAYP Alumni
- Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs
- Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW, and stayed in the country for three months or more
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents to email@example.com (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR ASEAN-JENESYS CONFERENCE 2017)
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is January 30, 2017.
- Please send all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading “Query: ASEAN-JENESYS CONFERENCE 2017”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat through Ms Sarah Grutas at telephone numbers (02) 4162833.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.