- The invitation from the organizer was sent to NYC only on February 14, 2017. The deadline set by the organizer for submission of the final list of delegates is March 1, 2017. Because of this exigency, the NYC is giving applicants only 1 week to finalize and submit their documents. Deadline for submission is February 23, 2017.
- Please read carefully the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email address.
The Chinese Government, thru the All-China Youth Federation and in partnership with the National Youth Commission, is implementing the ASEAN Young Leaders Training Program, which will bring together young professionals from the ASEAN, to discuss youth leadership and youth work in ASEAN and beyond.
The program is scheduled on March 20 – April 16, 2017 in Beijing and Yunnan, China. NYC will be nominating 9 students and young professionals.
Qualifications of Youth Delegates:
- Filipino citizen, 18-35 years old
- Philippine passport holders (valid until October 17, 2017)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Currently-enrolled college or masteral students who hold leadership position in youth organizations with nationwide membership
- Youth workers (government or non-government employees involved in youth development and youth work)
- Journalists working for news / mass media companies with nationwide audience
Can communicate in English
- Be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 19, 2017 at the NYC head office and the program proper on March 20 – April 16, 2017
- Accomplished NYC Application Form
- An essay (not less than 500 words) about the applicant’s educational or employment background and how being part of the program will help his/her studies or chosen career path
- School Registration Form (for students)
- Certification from Dean, College Secretary, or Registrar that applicant is an officer of a university-recognized organization (for students)
- Copy of Employment Certificate (for young professionals)
- Letter of Recommendation from applicant’s immediate supervisor (for young professionals)
- Copy of valid passport
- Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back as well their accommodation in Manila during the pre-departure briefing. They will also take care of their visa application fees, international travel tax and other airport fees.
- The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Beijing-Manila) as well as their food, accommodation and local transportation in China.
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from February 15, 2015 until the present whose airfare, meals, and accommodation were paid by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from February 15, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid by the organizer.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
(with Subject Heading: APPLICATION FOR ASEAN YOUNG LEADERS TRAINING PROGRAM IN CHINA)
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is February 23, 2017.
- Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: ASEAN YOUNG LEADERS TRAINING PROGRAM IN CHINA”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Secretariat through Ms Sarah Grutas at telephone numbers (02) 4162833.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.