Be our ASEFEdu Young Reporter 2017, and join us on our journey through 7
countries, telling the stories that matter.
Are you an aspiring young reporter with a desire to travel across Asia and Europe practising your craft and providing important coverage of education projects? Whether you’re a student with a passion for writing, a documentary filmmaker, a blogger, a social media mover or just someone who thinks this opportunity is for you, we want to hear from you.
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is seeking reporters aged between 18 and 30 years
from Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) partner countries to cover its 2017 calendar of projects
on the theme of Access to Education and Employment.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to apply your trade and gain exposure to the rich
diversity of people, places and stories across Asia and Europe. Whether you are itching to
shadow people with disabilities in New Zealand, report on the venture of a young
entrepreneur in Korea, celebrate the dedication of a school teacher in Finland, or
interview ASEM Foreign Ministers in Myanmar, the ASEF Education Department can give
you the opportunity.
The selected ASEFEdu Young Reporter(s) will cover up to 6 projects that span the two regions:
- 13th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 2 days, June 2017, Switzerland
- 21st ASEF Summer University (ASEFSU21), 2 weeks, August 2017, Australia and
- 6th ASEF Rectors’ Conference & Students’ Forum (ARC6), 5 days, October 2017,
- 8th Model ASEM, in conjunction the 13th ASEM Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (ASEM
FMM13), 7 days, November 2017, Myanmar
- 14th ASEF Classroom Network Conference, 5 days, November – December 2017,
- 2nd ASEF Young Leaders’ Summit (ASEFYLS2), in conjunction with an ASEM
Ministerial Meeting, 5 days, Quarter 3 or Quarter 4, 2017, Seoul, Korea
We want the ASEFEdu Young Reporters to be creative and trust their instincts as they
explore the themes of the projects, capture the atmosphere of the on-site events, and tell
the stories of the individuals involved. The stories told by the ASEFEdu Young Reporters
will shine a light on the richness, diversity and vibrancy of Asia and Europe.