• Online submissions are preferred.
• Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
• Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
• Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
The National Youth Commission in partnership with Japan International Cooperation Center and the Embassy of Japan in Manila opens the application to the JENESYS2018 ASEAN+ Timor-Leste Youth Leader Exchange which will be held on 19-26 March 2019 in Tokyo, Hokkaido, Tohoku, Chubu and Kansai, Japan.
The objective of ASEAN + Timor-Leste Youth Leader Exchange is to provide an opportunity to dig up and develop young leaders who can solve ASEAN’s problems utilizing Japan’s Experiences and Technologies with the ASEAN perspective, not country perspective, in order to realize the action plans of Community Vision “ASEAN2025” over the coming 10 years. Participants are expected to play role of talented persons who lead the human interaction not only within the ASEAN region, but also between Japan and ASEAN.
NYC will be sending 10 student delegates to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegates:
• Filipino students (must be currently enrolled: undergraduate, masteral, PhD)
• 18-35 years old
• With educational background or involved in organizations with particular focus on the following themes: Food and Tourism, Disaster Prevention Technology, History and Environment of Manufacturing, and Protecting Historical Heritages.
• With good communication skills (English)
• Must have an active Facebook account (with regular postings)
• Philippine passport holder (valid until 26 September 2019)
• Mentally and physically fit to travel
• Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on March 18, 2019 (tentative) and the program proper on 19-26 March 2019.
• Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
• Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
Please indicate the title of the program you are applying for in the form
• Accomplished JENESYS Form
• Accomplished Letter of Understanding (Annex 2)
• School Certification indicating your course signed by the College Dean or Registration Form
• School organization certification (if the organization’s focus is related to any of the aforementioned themes)
• Scanned copy of valid passport (data and blank page)
• Delegates will shoulder their travel expenses from their residence (province) to NAIA and back, as well as their accommodation in Manila for the pre-departure briefing.
• The organizer will shoulder the delegates’ international airfare (Manila-Tokyo-Manila), meals, accommodation, and local transportation in Japan.
The following are automatically disqualified:
1. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 26, 2014 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
2. Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from March 26, 2017 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
3. NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
4. JENESYS, KIZUNA, and SSEAYP Alumni. Alumni of all Japanese Government-sponsored (Japan Embassy, Japan Foundation, JICA, etc) scholarship, conference or cultural exchange or training programs. Applicants who have been to Japan, whether as a student, tourist or an OFW, and stayed in Japan for three months or more.
5. Previous NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not submitted or accomplished the required post-program documents or volunteer work.
How to apply:
• FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: JENESYS2018 ASEAN+Timor-Leste YLE)
• Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
• If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
• FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105. Indicate the name of the program you’re applying for.
• FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105. Indicate the name of the program you’re applying for.
• Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
• Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM/ January 31, 2019.
• Please send all queries to email@example.com with subject heading “Query: JENESYS2018 ASEAN+Timor-Leste YLE”.
• Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
• The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.
• Kindly wait for the e-mail confirmation acknowledging receipt of your application until two days after the deadline.