DISCLAIMER: We only received the invitation from the Department of Foreign Affairs on May 31, 2018.
- Online submissions are preferred.
- Do not submit application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- Please carefully read the instructions on how to apply. The NYC will not be responsible for lost applications or applications sent to the wrong email addresses.
- Please read this briefer first before asking questions.
In collaboration with education centers in China, ASEAN-China Center (ACC) is hosting the 2nd ASEAN-China Youth Summer Camp on July 10-16, 2018 in Beijing & Chengdu, China. The Summer Camp is catered for university students mainly from ASEAN Member States and China, where they will have good opportunity to explore China and the Chinese culture through a wide mix of interactive activities, be immersed in daily classes of cultural activities, as well as interaction with other students from various member states. The activities under the Summer Camp program will further the understanding and mutual respect between the youths, enable them to experience the charming and diverse cultures and arts of different nations, promote the connectivity and blend of cultures and arts, thus contribute to the building of a closer ASEN-China community of shared future.
NYC will be sending 2 representatives to the program.
Qualifications for Youth Delegate:
- Student from 18-30 years old
- Enrolled undergraduate or graduate students
- Philippine passport holder (valid until January 17, 2019)
- Mentally and physically fit to travel
- Fluent in English and can actively participate in discussions
- Must be able to attend the pre-departure briefing on July 9, 2018 and the program proper on July 10-16, 2018.
- Must be willing to be an NYC volunteer or to participate in post-program activities
- If chosen, must secure travel insurance
- Accomplished NYC International Programs’ Application Form
- Scanned copy of valid passport
- Copy of School ID/School Certificate/Registration Form (any of the three to prove that the student is currently enrolled)
- The organizer will be responsible for accommodation, local transportation in China, meals, classes, entry tickets, and insurance.
- The delegates are responsible for their roundtrip international airfare (MNL-PEK(Beijing)-MNL)
The following are automatically disqualified:
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from July 10, 2013 until the present whose airfare, accommodation, and meals were paid for by the organizer; and
- Participants of NYC-coordinated international programs from July 10, 2016 until the present whose airfare was shouldered by the participants and whose accommodation and meals were paid for by the organizer.
- NYC International Programs Beneficiaries who have not completed their volunteer work hours.
How to apply:
- FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS: Submit documents in PDF File to [email protected] (with Subject Heading: APPLICATION: (REGION) _2ACYSC. Ex. LUZON_2ACYSC
- Do not send application documents in .zip or .rar file.
- If you chose to submit online, you do not need to send or submit hard copies of your application documents.
- FOR PERSONAL APPLICATIONS: Submit your documents to NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- FOR SUBMISSION THRU COURIER: Send your documents to: NATIONAL YOUTH COMMISSION, THE INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS UNIT, 3rd Floor West Insula Building, West Avenue, Quezon City, 1105.
- Applicants are advised to strictly follow the instructions for submission. The NYC will not be responsible for application documents which will be lost or sent to wrong e-mail addresses.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 PM / June 9, 2018.
- Please send all queries to [email protected] with subject heading “Query: 2ACYSC”.
- Please get in touch with the NYC International Programs Unit at telephone numbers (02) 4268733.
- The NYC reserves the right not to respond to questions whose answers are already stated in this briefer or in the application form.